TECHNOLOGICAL EQUIPMENT FOR SHOCK FREEZING OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
Freezing is a modern method of preserving food products, providing long-term storage without significant changes in their quality. Vegetable soups and side dishes from frozen vegetables help balance nutrition during winter vitamin deficiency. Frozen berries and fruits are used to make mousses, jellies, and baking fillings.
Features of freezing technology
Almost all vegetables and berries can be frozen, with the exception of autumn-winter and winter varieties of apples, pears and quinces, and some vegetables that can be stored unprocessed for a long time. The lower the water content, the easier the product tolerates freezing. For the production of mixtures, seasonal fruits and vegetables are most often chosen.
The most common foods to freeze are:
• vegetables - pumpkin, cabbage (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts), spinach, legumes, potatoes;
• fruits and berries - cherries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries;
• herbs - parsley, basil, rosemary, dill;
• mushrooms - oyster mushrooms, champignons.
Equipment for freezing fruits and vegetables
• Cleaning machines - air, steam-thermal, mechanical, for peeling vegetables. The amount of waste is insignificant.
• Washing units - each machine consists of a bathtub, conveyor belt, shower and drive. The choice of modification depends on the properties of the raw material, the nature and amount of contaminants on its surface. The product is immersed in water to be released, rinsed with a strong running stream, brushed and vigorously mixed